Sogeti Ireland are currently seeking an AWS Architect for exciting new opportunities which have arisen in Dublin.
Sogeti Ireland is a leading provider of technology and software testing, specialising in Application, Infrastructure and Engineering Services. Sogeti offers cutting-edge solutions around Testing, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Mobile, Cloud and Cyber Security, combining world class methodologies and its global delivery model, Rightshore®. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to join a growing and dynamic organisation.
Role & Responsibilities
- Study existing technology landscape and understand current application workloads
- Understand and document technical requirements from clients
- Define Migration strategy to move application to cloud
- Develop architecture blueprints and detailed documentation. Create bill of materials, including required Cloud Services (such as EC2, S3 etc.) and tools;
- Design the overall Virtual Private Cloud VPC environment including server instance, storage instances, subnets, availability zones, etc
- Design the AWS network architecture including VPN connectivity between regions and subnets
- Design the HA / DR strategies
- Set up process, services and tools around cloud
- Oversee build of the environment
- Execute migration plan
- Leverage appropriate AWS services
- Validate the environment to meets all security and compliance controls
- In depth knowledge of key AWS services like EC2, S3 etc.
- Proven experience assessing client’s workloads and technology landscape for Cloud suitability,
- Develop business case and Cloud adoption roadmap
- Proven knowledge of AWS platform and tools
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive project from architecture standpoint
- Knowledge of best practices and market trends pertaining to Cloud and overall industry to provide thought leadership (seminars, whitepapers etc.,) and mentor team to build necessary competency
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and trustworthiness with key stakeholders in client organization.
- Experience provisioning and spinning up AWS Clusters
- Experience to build scalable production systems (load balancers, memcached, master/slave architectures)
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Certification on AWS architecture desirable
Please Note: Candidates must have valid work permits to work in Ireland
We do not require the assistance of agencies for this vacancy