Sogeti Ireland is part of the Capgemini group with more than 200,000 people in over 40 countries. We are one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services.
We are currently putting together a number of software development teams utilising the following technologies, tools and frameworks:
- RESTful Services
- N-tier architecture using Microservices
Developing solutions with:
- Java Spring Framework (with focus on Spring-boot and Mockito)
- Angular (2+)
- SQL (and ORM/Persistence – MyBatis/JDBCTemplate/Hibernate etc)
- Bitbucket (or any git hosting solution)
Working, Managing & Documenting with:
If you believe you possess sufficient skills and experience to contribute to these teams, and keen to build out your knowledge and experience in the latest tech trends, then we want to talk to you.
You do not necessarily need to be experienced across all the above technologies and concepts – we are happy to provide training and experience to fill any gaps there may be.
Help lead a Scrum team of senior, mid-level and junior engineers through the full SDLC using the above technologies, tools and concepts.
Key Requirements & Capabilities:
The right candidate must have the following abilities and experience:
- 8+ years working in a software engineering role delivering web services or n-tier full-stack solutions using the above, or similar, technology/tools/concepts.
- 2+ years’ experience leading teams delivering solutions using at least some of the above technologies/tools/concepts.
- Strong experience in agile methodologies, working from User-Story to production deployment.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD and DevOps concepts and designing automated pipelines.
- Exploring new technology trends/standards etc and introducing them to your peers & juniors.
- Utilise and promote software best practices that produce maintainable code, including automated unit testing, continuous integration, pair programming, code style conformity, and review code from peers and juniors.
- Mentoring junior team members.
- Ability to debug complex code; recommend fixes and implement the solutions.
- Proven desire to improve skills and learn new technologies, tools and concepts.
- Deep knowledge of the vast majority or even all the technology/tools/concepts listed above!
- Experience dealing with complex integrations between systems.
- Experience designing and managing APIs.
- Experience with Containers (Docker/Kubernetes etc) and Cloud systems (Azure/AWS etc) desired.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Information Systems and relevant technical experience/certification.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Good understanding of web and web service and solutions architecture.
- Strong organizational, communication, and administrative skills.
- Troubleshoot, analyse, replicate, regress and resolve complex software problems.
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.