Sogeti Ireland is part of the Capgemini group with more than 200,000 people in over 40 countries.
We are one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services, with approximately 200 personnel in our Dublin office.
Sogeti Ireland recognises innovation, rewards hard work and opens the door to many career development opportunities whilst working in a very positive, open communication culture.
This is a high visibility opportunity to define and implement the new services at the core of the business, in an Agile and fast paced environment.
- Write high quality code and automated end to end and unit tests;
- Write Micro-services in Spring Boot;
- Review pull requests (code reviews) of developers and test engineers and give constructive feedback;
- Follow Agile and TDD for process, architecture, design, code and testing;
- Work with geographically distributed teams to deliver high quality software products and services;
- Use your troubleshooting and triage skills to provide assistance to solve escalated operational issues;
- Participate in story grooming and sizing, ensuring stories are ready to work on in the sprint;
- Mentor and oversee more junior developers;
- Minimum 8+ years of overall Java development experience
- Core Java (Java 8)
- Spring (4+ years)
- Spring Boot (1+ years)
- Expert in Unit and Integration tests (Junit, Mockito, TestNG etc..);
- Git, continuous integration tools (Jenkins);
- Experience with Relational (Sybase, SQL Server, Oracle) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis, etc) databases;
- Deep expertise in REST and RESTful APIs;
- Deep knowledge of Java Design Patterns;
- Experience Test and Behaviour Driven Development (TDD and BDD);
- Champion of Clean code;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken. We have a culture of rationality and inclusion, so you should be able to promote and defend your ideas;
- Experienced Agile (SaFE, Scrum, Kanban) practitioner. Pair and/or mob programming an advantage;
- Very strong dedication to efficient quality;
- Have an Agile mindset with a dedication to continuous improvement;
Please note: No one of the following is essential, nor is the candidate expected to have expertise in all or even the majority of these.
- Experience in Microservice development is highly beneficial;
- Experience with Cloud Technologies (PCF, AWS) is beneficial;
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field;
Sogeti Ireland recognises innovation, rewards hard work and opens the door to many career development opportunities whilst working in a very positive, open communication culture. If you are looking to join a highly accredited company with a proven track record of success and a company that deeply values our people, then Sogeti Ireland offers the best opportunity for you.