Job title: Cloud Architect
Job Location: Dublin, Ireland
Working Pattern: Full time Permanent
Sogeti Ireland’s growing Digital capability requires a Cloud Architect with broad knowledge across both AWS and Azure cloud platforms. The purpose of the role is to assist clients in optimising their use of cloud resources (public and private) as part of a balanced IT supply portfolio. As such, the successful applicant will have a wealth of exposure in projects that exploit public cloud services and be capable of engaging predominantly on customer projects covering the full life cycle from proposal/justification to project design/build.
- Enable our customer’s journey to leverage cloud and develop a hybrid cloud / bimodal operating models
- Work as part of the Digital team in a pre-sales capacity at proposal stage and then engage in the delivery of the cloud transformation projects
- Design and implementation support through all phases of cloud projects before hand over to support and operations teams.
- Clearly articulate the pros and cons of solution design decisions and present rational options to clients and prospective clients
- Facilitate group discussions and lead client strategy and design activitie
- Translate client needs and opportunities into AWS or Azure architecture specifications that can be referred to by the analysis, development and migration teams
- Help to develop the Cloud capability in Ireland and provide community leadership within the Cloud domain
Key Technical Skills
- Expert knowledge of both AWS or Azure platform features and capabilities
- Understanding of Hybrid Cloud solutions and experienced in integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models
- Experience with executing quick technical feasibility and proposal development for moving identified workloads to Azure/AWS
- Knowledge and experience of AWS/Azure pricing and commercial models and how to optimise for a given engagement or use case
- High Availability and Disaster recovery implementations of enterprise applications on IAAS platforms
- Experience deploying SAP, Oracle, SharePoint, SQL Server, Oracle, or HP Tools on Azure or AWS is highly desirable
- Cloud infrastructure management and deployment within a DevOps model
- Azure or AWS certification is a plus
Key Non-Technical Skills
- Pre-sales experience – envisioning solutions
- Architectural certification (e.g TOGAF)
- Agile development practices are essential - Object Oriented Analysis and Design skills are essential - UML skills are essential
- Team lead and programme or project management experience
- Strong knowledge on software development methodologies like Agile/Scrum, Kan Ban etc. Broad understanding of enterprise project lifecycle
- Implementing architectural governance and proactively managing issues and risks throughout the delivery lifecycle.
- Enthusiasm to participate and lead company and non-project related initiatives
- Thought leadership and commercial awareness, including ability to recognise and manage commercial and technical risk
- Estimate project delivery timescales and resources
Perks and Benefits of Sogeti
- Competitive salary
- Pension Contribution
- Private health insurance allowance
- Generous annual leave
- Sports and Social Club
- Company parties and events
- Opportunity to make meaningful contributions to a rapidly growing company
At Sogeti Ireland we work with our clients to deliver solutions that meet their business needs. We are currently seeking experienced Project Managers for exciting new opportunities which have arisen. Our Project Managers are responsible for working with our client to manage projects to successful completion in terms on Cost, Time, Quality and Budget and client expectations.
Capgemini-Sogeti Ireland has a team of experienced IT professionals who work to design, develop and deploy adaptable solutions that address the unique needs of our client's business and their industry. Sogeti is one of six strategic business units within the Capgemini group and brings together more than 20,000 professionals in 15 countries.
The Capgemini Group has over 190,000 consultants in over 40 countries and is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services.
As with any position within Sogeti Ireland,you will need to be flexible in relation to location.
Please Note candidates must have valid work permits to work in Ireland
We do not require the assistance of agencies for this vacancy
- Apply OnlineHuman Resources Department
+353 (0)1 639 0100
Apply OnlineHuman Resources Department
+353 (0)1 639 0100
Please apply for positions by filling out the form posted beneath each job spec. Alternatively you can apply by email by clicking the @ sign below.