Technical Business Analyst
Job Title: Business Analyst
Job Location: Dublin, Ireland
Working Pattern: Full time, Permanent
Experience: 3-5 years
Who are we?
Capgemini Sogeti Ireland Ltd, part of the Capgemini group is a leading provider of technology, application, and Engineering Services. Sogeti offers cutting-edge solutions around Testing, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Mobile, Cloud and Cyber Security, combining world class methodologies and global delivery models.
We are currently seeking experienced Business Analysts for exciting new opportunities which have arisen and involve working on a broad range of technology areas. Bridging the gap between Business and IT the successful candidate will be responsible for the full project lifecycle from requirements elicitation through implementation with some element of project management required.
You will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate high level of professionalism and strong commitment to fulfil client expectation. In this role there will be some elements of client relationship management supporting proposal efforts, communicating on the progress of engagements in areas such as the risks, issues, variances from the plan in terms of time and budget, identifying potential opportunities to provide additional services to new and existing clients
- Analyse and understand complex business and technology processes keeping a holistic view translating and linking business process flows with systems, data and people underpinning them
- Facilitate requirements elicitation meetings, translate high level requirements into detailed functional and technical specifications for use by the Development Team
- Document Business and Technical requirements using structured methodologies
- Identify areas for improvement proposing best in class solutions for our clients
- Mentor and coach junior staff, positively influence and motivate peers
Education / Professional Qualifications
University Degree or equivalent, preferably specialising in Computer Science or Business/Management Information Systems
3-5 years’ experience in a Business Analyst role experience working on projects including any or a combination of the following:
- IT Transformation, Strategy & Architecture,
- Business Intelligence & Analytics,
- ERP (specifically SAP) or Technology implementation
- Experience of working on SDLC, SAP implementation (or any of the above) with proven technical skills
- Understanding of major business process architectures and reference frameworks (Agile, Scrum, ITIL, Togaf, Data Governance,etc.)
- Strong business acumen, proactively contributes to building relationship with clients through project delivery
- Experience in requirements eliciting, analysis, documenting and management using industry proven methodologies
- Ability to facilitate workshops to reach effective, sustainable solutions with both internal and external parties
- Analytic and strategic thinking: identifies issues and practical recommendations through sound analysis and application of business and technical acumen.
- Ability to work independently and to work on multiple engagements concurrently demonstrates the ability to prioritise tasks
- Goal oriented showing perseverance, focus on the achievement of well-understood objectives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including an ability to present complex problems in meaningful ways to multiple stakeholders
- Innovator leveraging very strong research, critical analysis and brainstorming skills
- A flexible, sociable, collaborative teamwork approach
- A proven desire to learn new skills and broaden his/her professional horizons
- Strong ambition to develop his/her business analyst career to senior expert roles (including Sogeti’s Project Management, Business Architect or Enterprise Architect career paths)
- Flexibility with regard to his/her place of work and mobility
Please Note candidates must have valid work permits to work in Ireland
We do not require the assistance of agencies for this vacancy
- Apply OnlineHuman Resources Department
+353 (0)1 639 0100
Apply OnlineHuman Resources Department
+353 (0)1 639 0100
Please apply for positions by filling out the form posted beneath each job spec. Alternatively you can apply by email by clicking the @ sign below.