Roadmap to transformation for Irish Stock Exchange
Sogeti enables reduction in infrastructure costs with Cloud road map.
Cloud computing is now almost a business imperative as it solves many of the challenges faced by enterprise organisations, from reducing infrastructure and license costs to providing greater scalability, faster access to infrastructure, higher availability, and faster time to market for applications.
The Irish Stock Exchange was facing the challenge of running a number of custom-platform based applications. These platforms were consuming a large amount of infrastructure resources. The highly customised platform hinders the organisations ability to make rapid updates and react to business changes and issues on the platform in an efficient manner.
Sogeti partnered with the Irish Stock Exchange to ensure that each step of the initial advisory stage was covered beginning with an in-depth audit of their existing IT infrastructure. This detailed process was completed over a number of months with Sogeti working colloboratively with them to ensure their own needs, wants and hopes were addressed with the appropriate priority. During this advisory stage the following deliverables were met;
- Sogeti provided the OneDeliver methodology to equip the client with a road map to a Cloud first organisation.
- Sogeti facilitated workshops with the client to establish cloud scope, analyse the application landscape, establish Cloud priorities, Cloud security and data classifications.
- A draft blueprint to migrate the clients listing platform -(XT) into a SAAS and PAAS model using the Windows Azure platform and Office 365 - was drawn up by our team of Sogeti Cloud experts.
- Sogeti worked with the client to perform an analysis on current development practices and IT structure to define how Agility can be achieved through cloud
The Irish Stock Exchange has now completed the advisory stage of their Cloud journey equipped with the tools to move to the next stage of aligning their strategy to a Cloud migration. The following benefits were delivered to the client as a result of this Cloud advisory stage;
- Reduction in infrastructure costs
- A Cloud blueprint enabling our client to forecast infrastructure and Cloud spend over the next 3 years
- Complete audit of existing applications with key applications identified as suitable for Cloud migration
- A client-specific Cloud road map - including key recommendations for the next 12 months
- Definition of a Cloud enabled IT organisation to facilitate DevOps and application agility goals
- Detailed report of key Cloud benefits that will be realised throughout the clients transformation journey
- Paul RooneyHead of Digital
+353 (0)1 639 0100
Paul RooneyHead of Digital
+353 (0)1 639 0100
The Irish Stock Exchange services include listing debt, company shares and funds. They offer membership to trade shares and Irish Government bonds. They distribute data and announcements and provide LEIand ISIN code services. The Irish Stock Exchange operate 4 markets - the Main Securities Market for listing debt, shares, funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs); theGlobal Exchange Market for debt and funds and the Enterprise Securities Market and the Atlantic Securities Market for companies raising equity.