BI & Analytics Offerings - An Overview
Does your organisation have the right data information to sharpen and accelerate decision making?
Our Key Solutions
Within Business Intelligence & Analytics we offer three clear and concrete services:
Our Business Intelligence Proof of Concept Methodology.
Harvest data previously unreachable through traditional means.
BI Service Center
Industrualise your BI delivery.
From Reporting to Performance Management and Business Analytics
Many organisations have deployed Business Intelligence (BI) solutions to support their decision process. However, despite several years using Business Intelligence techniques, most companies still face key challenges related to information management.
- Users cannot access the right information in a timely manner or in the right context
- Different BI tools are accessing various data sources
- Data is inconsistent
- Data silos exist across disparate systems
- Data volumes continue to grow exponentially
- Unreliable forecasts are produced
- Regulatory compliance is a challenge
To meet such challenges, a well thought approach is required.
Sogeti’s vision is that Business Intelligence and data management programs have to be applied across the whole organisation. This is because they are strategic in nature and require a close interaction between IT and the business, as well as strong governance to help identify, deliver and maintain the organisation’s BI strategy.
Sogeti can help you structure your BI initiatives and achieve your business targets.
Our Tried & Tested Solution Driven Approach
Our comprehensive and broad range of BI services address the ‘Think cycle’ with our Intelligent Kickstart Solution, the ‘Build cycle’ with our BI Center of Excellence Solution and the ‘Act cycle’ with our BI Analytics & Statistics Factory.
The Think cycle – Intelligent Kickstart
Sogeti’s Think cycle Solution assists your organisation in Business Intelligence by providing a Proof of Concept methodology and paving a roadmap for the next steps.
What is the Intelligent KickStart?
A short project:
- Timebox of just a few days/maximum 4 weeks.
- Low threshold.
- Interactive with stakeholders.
- Innovative (new technology/applications).
- When required in the Cloud.
Objective: quick delivery of the first information product for the benefit of:
- Information need.
- Tool selection.
- Professionalization of the existing solution.
The Intelligent KickStart is interactive. You are our source of information and sparring partner for:
- Determining your objective.
- Choosing the BI tooling & platform (Cloud?)
- Determining success criteria.
- Evaluating interim results.
- Determining follow up steps.
- Providing ‘Real data’ as fuel.
- Providing the right people for the presentation and demo.
- With the intelligent KickStart you will directly experience the added value of information.
- The visual results link up seamlessly with your information requirements.
- The first delivery is instantly valuable, reusable and convinces your stakeholders (no disposable software).
- With the Intelligent KickStart you are creating a perfect foundation for any future information products.
- Intelligent KickStart also defines your Roadmap to success.
The Build cycle – BI Center of Excellence
The next step after defining the appropriate roadmap for Business Intelligence is the execution of it using our BI Center of Excellence.
This service offering is made up of the core components necessary for a successful BI transformation project:
- BI architecture (framework & best practices)
- Data quality, Data Governance & Master Data Management
- Data Migration
- Data Warehousing & Data Integration
- Reporting, Dashboards & Alerting capabilities
For each of these components, the BI Center of Excellence brings together the processes, KPIs, methodologies and best practices that have been acquired from numerous Sogeti projects. Leveraging this collective experience means that we can deliver cost-effective, valuable and scalable Business Intelligence solutions.
The Build Cycle transforms your data into valuable and precise information to monitor and analyse your organisation and support your decision making process.
The Act cycle – BI Analytics & Statistics Factory
Having good reports on your business data is often not quite enough. Some useful information may still be hidden in your BI environment. Sogeti's BI Analytics Factory enables you to stay one step ahead of clients and competitors.
At this stage we address questions such as: "What will happen next?" and "What is the best that can happen?", or define “What-if” scenarios.
The answers to these questions will help you forecast next month’s sales and inventory levels and how these are interrelated to foreseeing bottlenecks and improve performance of your resource allocation. They will also identify your most effective commercial activities and profitable customers, enabling you to optimise your marketing and churn prevention campaigns.
Sogeti’s BI Analytics Factory helps you to move from reactive to proactive decision making.
We offer the right expertise for all your business analytical needs.
- Data treatment & Statistical analysis: Our statisticians and domain experts help you with data mining previously unknown relationships between various elements of your business, predictive analytics and information quality projects.
- Statistical application development: We develop statistical datawarehouses with the market's most widely used tools to provide you with a solid basis for your business analytics.
- Cooperation projects: We bring in our expertise in methodology and statistics, but we also work together with famous universities and industry experts through custom trainings, hands-on workshops and seminars, to find the most appropriate solution for your business.
Sogeti's statistic factory can also assist public compan in leveraging from our BI solutions with our solution for the public sector. We ensure the E2E production of your statistical reports and guide you with the management, confidential treatment, publication and electronic distribution of your statistical reports, according to rigorous official standards.
There are many reasons for choosing Sogeti as your BI partner:
Sogeti’s pragmatic approach ensures that the solutions proposed will positively impact your organization. Quick wins and short-term improvements are always proposed, allowing clients to see the benefits within just a few weeks.
An expert community
Our BI specialists combine technology expertise and excellent sector-specific knowledge in major industries notably: financial services, public sector, telecommunications and utilities. They are supported by Sogeti’s collaborative platform, which enables our BI community to develop and share best practices. The expert community offers our customer the local support they need with the insurance of a very wide range of expertise.
Our BI Center of Excellence, BI Analytics & Statistics Factory are supported by more than 500 professionals from 15 countries, helping organizations to improve their business performance.
All solutions are tailored to your particular requirements and environment, and are delivered by the most appropriate combination of onshore and/or offshore resources.
Alliance & partnerships
Sogeti has strong international alliances with IBM, Microsoft and SAS, as well as local partnerships with the main BI players. This close collaboration enables Sogeti to deliver best of breed products and technologies dedicated to meet your needs.
Sogeti works with many clients in Europe and around the world, delivering cost-effective, productive Business Intelligence projects. Our customers can testify to the improvement in quality, efficiency and performance of their BI environment as a result of engaging Sogeti.
- What Business Intelligence technologies do you have experience with?
Sogeti is a Global Microsoft Alliance Partner and builds BI solutions on the Microsoft platform. Sogeti has a vast amount of experience with SharePoint, SQL Server (SQL Database), SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services and SQL Server Integration Services.
Sogeti also has a global capability across all BI technologies including QlikView, Tableau, Informatica, Oracle, SAP and others
- How is Sogeti different from other BI SIs?
Our consultants are highly and regularly trained across the MS BI Stack. Sogeti is a full-service IT consultancy, so we look at and can provide big picture solutions beyond just BI (Cloud, Application, QA, etc…).
- We have SQL and SharePoint Developers, why do I need Sogeti?
Our consultants are not only technical resources. Sogeti will design a solution which will allow your business to find reliable, accurate and relevant information, fast. Not only do we focus on technical design, we apply screen design best practice to make information easy to understand. Sogeti also have a huge amount of experience in BI, so bring domain experience and lessons learned from other customers.